Animal of the Month: Drunk Animals in Africa [3:54] (via: DRB)
- YouTube Search: time lapse mushroom
- YouTube – ??? ?????? ????? [2:11]
- YouTube – Psilocybe cubensis “Puerto Rico” time lapse [1:10]
- Metacafe – Mushroom time lapse Amanita Muscaria 
- YouTube – Blue Oyster Mushroom Time Lapse Video [1:03]
- Cool Tools – Mycelium Running
- “Mushrooms as solution. Fungi as ninja warriors.”
- Rapid Evolution Gives Sperm the Advantage | LiveScience
- Competition between male fruit flies could drive fast evolution of proteins in their semen.
- YouTube Search – Huutajat: The Finnish Screaming Men’s Choir
- Watch a video or two. It was exactly what I thought it would be, but that did not make it any less interesting.
- New Inventors: Electric Nomad (via core77)
- The Electric Nomad is a standard sized electric guitar that features all the usual features usability and playability of a normal electric guitar however it is designed so that it collapses.
- Toilet Tech
- AfriGadget: 18 year old self-taught electronics “genius” invents mobile phone-based vehicle anti-theft system.
- Awesome blog, and blog name.
- Ventomobile: Sailing without sails. On the land. – Core77
- Seeing is not believing
- Death Star over San Francisco [2:43] (via)
- Current TV story, Death Star over San Francisco, Imperial Fleet Week SF
- Design42day.com – Lifelike animation heralds new era for computer games
- Read up on this tech in the above link and also go to YoutTube [1:49] to watch the demo in hi-def.
- Fleshmap: Studies of Desire [nsfw] (via information aesthetics)
- Crowdsourcing Sex
- Emotionally}Vague Survey Results – (via information aesthetics)
- Whippet Chair by Hugh Thomas – Core77
- I like this chair.
- Good Experience Games – good games, fun games
- A really nice list of well designed games.
random stuff I think is of interest
- New York
- How Polite Are We?
- A survey where NYC comes out as the MOST POLITE city. I am actually unsurprised because it takes more time to argue than to be polite.
- City Fits, Eventually, for New Arrivals – NYTimes.com
- “Sometime over the course of new arrivals’ first year in the city, they find themselves becoming New Yorkers.” Also confirms above survey with anecdotal evidence.
- Two and a half pages on how to write better, not just for philosophy. I like, “You should assume that the first draft of each sentence will have to be fixed up.” (my emphasis)
- Shareholder Letters
- Warren Buffet’s letters to his shareholders. Makes for surprisingly good reading… I just wish I had his sort of bad news, like, there’s no way you can expect us to keep doing this well. – I’m sorry that our predictions from last year were off. Of course, we did much better this year…
- I recently had a discussion with Mr. R. Brown about eating meat. He tried to maintain that vegetarians have the moral high ground. Even though I successfully defended my omnivorous position (even against his cannibalism tack), I’m thinking Zizek’s ad hominem is now the way to go (26s) [via]:
- Last but not least: Fox Developing Cowboy Bebop Live-Action Feature Film
- Please let this not suck.
… you don’t want to know how long it takes to put these link pages together.