animal of the month: Ninja Kitteh! [1:13]
- This seriously reduced me to giggles for a full minute or two… though the elephant made a strong bid again this month.
art & design
- Vincent van Gogh’s “Bedroom in Arles” Real Life and Digital Recreations
- Staring Cats Light Sculpture is Fixating
- 1 Hour Design Challenge: Sick-Ass Car Rendering Winners!
- Videos of the coolest cars designers could draw in an hour. Unbelievable skills and cars. (I think this would be a good idea for philosophy: 1 hour philosophy challenge. You would have to write something on a philosophical topic in no more than 1 hour of actual write time. Expect to see this in the future some time and contact me if you want to help setting one up.)
- PingMag – Aya Kato: Mystic Realms
- Tilt Shift + Stop motion VIDEO – Fubiz™
- Paranoia mix [2:14] (MUST WATCH):
- Demetri Martin funny chart presentation [8:57] – information aesthetics
- A Softer World’s take on the financial problems
- If you are in the mood for something different and hilarious, read Joey’s book, now free!
- Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?
- How Sen. John McCain’s tasteless two-liner about Chelsea Clinton and Janet Reno was censored out of the nation’s leading newspapers
- The Steakhouse Incident
- Perhaps the first ‘essay’ that had me laughing since this Walt Whitman paper.
…. J. McCain: Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
……………………..Because her father is Janet Reno.
- Large Hadron Rap [4:49]
- If you are a physics or philosophy of science person, this is a must watch.
- The Truth About the Spinning Dancer – NYTimes
- An illusion I meant to post long ago in a different link roundup, but misfiled.
- Ovablastic: Sound Waves [2:10]
- In the spirit of ooblek dancing on a subwoofer, check out this video of salt acting strangely near a massive high quality speaker.
- Leadership/Not Leadership
- StatCounter Blog » SEO: Content 1
- Another useful place to look for SEO information.
- The Gentleman Grafter [4:14] [via]
- Video of this man selling vegetable peelers: “By night, Joe Ades dines with his fourth wife at exclusive restaurants, sips Veuve Clicquot at the Pierre, and goes home to a three-bedroom Park Avenue apartment. By day, he is something else altogether. At 72, the “peeler guy” in the Turnbull & Asser shirts is a New York legend.” —– I can personally vouch for the impressiveness of his presentation. If I wasn’t broke at the time, I would have bought a peeler.